Workcamps in China (Hong Kong)
|VolTra ist eine gemeinützige Nicht-Regierungs-Organisation in Hong Kong/ China und wurde 2009 gegründet. Sie organisieren Freiwilligendienste für lokale wie auch für internationale Teilnehmer. |
IBG kooperiert seit 2011 mit VolTra.
Für China ist ein Visum erforderlich. Die Beantragung und Abholung muss persönlich erfolgen und es ist ein mindestens 6 Monate gültiger Reisepass erforderlich. Die Bearbeitungszeit beträgt etwa 14 Tage.
China (Hong Kong) HKTV08-15 Wheel-Power in Christmas Workcamp 2015 18.12.-28.12.2015 SOCI/RENO/AGRI/DISA/EDU 10vols
PROJECT: Founded by Hong Kong youth in 2009, VolTra is an independent charitable organization dedicated to promoting International Voluntary Service. Our major works involve organizing Hong Kong local Workcamps and assisting Hong Kongers in participating in workcamps in Hong Kong and overseas.
Collaboration with PHAB:
With similar values as PHAB on equal rights and opportunities for all and mutual respect for each other despite differences, VolTra hopes to bring this message to our workcampers, both local and international. Workcampers may gain valuables insights on problems and difficulties regarding inequality in Hong Kong for the disabled, and what actions they can take to help promote and foster a barrier-free environment for those who are physically or socially disadvantaged
- Promote the concept of a community that integrates both people with and without disabilities
- Enhance the workcampers’ understanding of the challenges and difficulties physically challenged individuals may encounter in their daily lives
- Clarify possible misunderstandings workcampers may have towards physically challenged individuals
- Promote the idea of a barrier-free environment where barriers such as physical differences does not limit one’s potential and ability to work and participate in social or recreational activities
- Data collection about barrier-free facilities in community
- Preparation and Participation of social inclusion activities
- Assistance to campsite activities
- Campsite Maintenance works
- Participate the start-up workshops
ACCOMMODATION: Dormitories in Pokfulam PHAB Camp by PHAB. Meals are provided by campsite and cooked by workcampers in turns and funded by VolTra.
LOCATION: Pokfulam PHAB Camp
SPECIAL REMARKS: Number of volunteers: Hong Kong (5) International (5)
Ratio between Physically Handicapped (PH) and Able-Bodied (AB) would be 3:7
All workcampers are required to have certain level of independent living skills.
China (Hong Kong) HKVT07-15 Long Valley Harvest Festival 29.12.2015-12.01.2016 ENVI/AGRI/FEST 7vols
PROJECT: The Conservancy Association (CA) is dedicated to the protection of the environment and the conservation of natural and cultural heritage. CA’s mission is to enhance the quality of life of both this and future generations, and to ensure that Hong Kong shoulders her regional and global environmental responsibilities. We achieve this by advocating appropriate policies, monitoring government action, promoting environmental education and taking a lead in community participation. Since the establishment of the Association, we have been devoted to monitoring government environmental policies and promoting environmental education. Official Website: http://www.cahk.org.hk
WORK: The project is co-organized by VolTra and The Conservancy Association (CA). CA, founded in 1968, is the non-government environmental organization with the longest history in Hong Kong. A nature conservation management project for Long Valley has been organized since 2005, which aims to conserve Long Valley’s landscape and biodiversity through a series of active habitat and species management measures.
1. Set up, decorate and operate the booths for traditional kiln, straw art, food making in the Long Valley Harvest Fest
2. Prepare, build and transport the facilities and materials for the Long Valley Harvest Fest
3. Eco-crop packaging work
ACCOMMODATION: In the farming hut located in the farmlands of Long Valley. The living environment is very simple and basic but in a peaceful rural living style.
LOCATION: Long Valley is located at the northern urban edge of Hong Kong. With a total area of 150 hectares, it is the largest agricultural freshwater wetland in Hong Kong.
TERMINAL: Hong Kong International Airport
SPECIAL REMARKS: Very basic living condition but among the beautiful nature.